The Healthy Refrigeration Grant Program
The California Department of Food and Agriculture Office of Farm to Fork (CDFA-F2F) is pleased to share that $20 million was allocated for program continuation in late September 2021. Through the Healthy Refrigeration Grant Program (HRGP), CDFA funds energy efficient refrigeration units in corner stores, small businesses, and food donation programs in low-income or low-access areas throughout the state to stock California-grown fresh produce, nuts, dairy, meat, eggs, minimally processed, and culturally appropriate foods.
RFP for Technical Assistance Providers Now Open
CDFA–F2F is now accepting proposals from technical assistance providers conducting activities in one or both of the following categories:
- Outreach and Application Assistance: to promote the program to eligible applicants and assist interested parties to apply for equipment awards through CDFA–F2F; and
- Technical Expertise: to provide subject matter expertise in refrigeration equipment, energy efficiency, global warming potential standards and/or best “healthy retail” practices, including stocking, promoting and selling fresh foods in a profitable and sustainable way.
View the RFP. Proposals are due by 5 pm PT on Friday, June 10. Late submissions will not be accepted. Applicants must apply through CDFA's new grant platform AmpliFund, accessible here. Applicants will be prompted to create a user account. Answers to proposal questions and budget information must be submitted through AmpliFund. Copies of the questions and a budget worksheet for reference are available to view here:
- Proposal Questions for reference
- Budget Worksheet for reference (may be used as a tool for budgets in progress but do not submit. Complete the budget questions through AmpliFund for proposal submission.)
Email CDFA–F2F at firstname.lastname@example.org for application support.
Questions and Answers About the TAPs RFP:
- View anonymized Questions and CDFA responses.
Public Feedback Incorporated:
CDFA–F2F considered feedback about this RFP submitted during the public comment period, including during the informational webinar on March 28th. View a summary of comments and questions submitted and CDFA responses here.
Grant timeline and process:
|RFP Released for Public Comment||March 21, 2022|
|Webinar for Live Comments||March 28, 3-5 pm PT|
|Comments Addressed and Request for|
|Late April 2022|
|Grant proposals due||June 10, 5:00 pm PT|
|Anticipated Awards Announcement||Late July 2022|
|Tentative Start Date for Grant Terms||October 2022|
|Tentative Date for Equipment RFP Release||December 2022|
Call for External Technical Reviewers:
The external technical review committee for the 2022 Healthy Refrigeration Grant Program will include individuals outside of CDFA-F2F who have expertise related to the program. Individuals who are interested in learning more about participating in the external technical review process should contact CDFA-F2F at email@example.com for more information. Applicants to the 2022 Healthy Refrigeration Grant Program are not eligible to participate as technical reviewers.
Previous Grantees of the Pilot Program:
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list for this program.